Counter Culture Clean Explained
SO WHAT'S THIS PROBIOTIC CLEANING ALL ABOUT?
DID YOU KNOW…...
- Probiotic cleaning is used across Europe to clean pigsties.
- Plumbers use probiotic solutions to clean drains.
- Many of the pathogenic bacteria (the ones that make us sick) prefer a sterile environment to prosper. They are the loan wolves of the bacteria world.
- Humans have more bacteria than cells in our body.
The largest number exist in the gut and a large number on our skin.
- Bacteria communicate, the term is quorum sensing.
- Surfaces only remain sterile whilst still wet.
- 8 hours after sterilisation the bacteria count is back where it began.
- Bacteria are vital in any fermentation process from cheese to beer or kombucha.
- Pathogenic organisms like, Staphylococcus or Streptococcus are also part of the normal human flora and usually exist on the skin or in the nose without causing any disease at all.
- Probiotics boost the bodies immune system.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK
Not all bacteria are bad, in fact they’re essential to our well-being. In the same way probiotics make your body’s ecosystem happy, the millions of friendly bacteria in Counter Culture products to help balance your home’s ecosystem.
13 IS A LUCKY NUMBER
We use 13 strains of probiotic cultures. Just like a team is stronger with different skill sets, multi-strains of probiotics are proven to have a stronger effect and binding ability than single strains. These strains are used to ‘eat’ biofilm, which is the protective layer to keep bad bacteria alive leaving them exposed to perish.
- Bacillus subtilis.
- Bifidobacterium animalis.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum.
- Bifidobacterium longum.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus.
- Lactobacillus casei.
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Synonym: Lactobacillus bulgaricus)
- Lactobacillus fermentum.
- Lactobacillus plantarum.
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. Lactis (Synonym: Streptococcus lactis)*
- Rhodopseudomonas palustris.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
We feed the bacteria sugar, rice bran and fruit juice to help them grow.
Surfactants act as detergents, changing the surface tension of water which allows you to clean! However, these sorts of surfactants are not derived from natural sources.
Our range is unique, due to the natural bio-compounds created during the fermentation process which act as powerful surfactants. This means it loosens and removes dirt, naturally! Coupled with millions of good bacteria that love eating dirt and grime. It’s a win win!
LET’S TALK ABOUT SCIENCE BABY
Counter Culture cleaning products work by using millions of good bacteria (Probiotics) made up of 13 different strains, these guys are all friends and stick together. This helps to rebalance your home and makes the pathogenic bacteria (the ones that make us sick) become dormant, meaning they will not grow and divide.They aren’t very social bacteria.
Bacteria communicate through a process called ‘Quorum Sensing’, all the bacteria send out chemical signatures to detect how many of their kind and how many other kinds of bacteria are in their general vicinity. If a bacterium is not the dominant species it will not activate its pathogenic behaviour meaning your environment remains healthy and safe. The surfactants created in the fermentation process (think Kombucha) you get your home clean the way nature intended.
WE ARE A PRODUCT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT
Large corporations have been promoting ‘chemicals = clean’ for far too long and this has had an adverse effect on our health, increases in respiratory problems, asthma and allergies as well as making our environment sick. Probiotics are nature’s cleaners, not only do they clean better and last longer, they boost our immune systems and are beneficial to the environment.